Chemist I (Chromatography Emphasis)
Location: Newton laboratory
Start Date: Immediate
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Organic Laboratory Manager
- This position requires a fundamental knowledge of EPA methods and procedures related to an environmental laboratory environment, to include:
- Familiarity with Organic sample preparation methods;
- Operation and maintenance of Gas and Liquid Chromatography instrumentation;
- Operation and maintenance of GC/MS instrumentation;
- Operation and maintenance of ancillary laboratory equipment.
- Must possess the ability to comprehend and apply principals of advanced mathematics and demonstrate an aptitude for the comprehension and interpretation of scientific and technical operating procedures.
- Additional skills include logical and scientific reasoning ability, organizational skills, independent work practices, and computer literacy.
- Provides timely and accurate communication to senior analysts and the Organic Laboratory Manager.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, biology or related physical sciences is preferred, but other candidates that have proven laboratory skills are encouraged to apply.
Fill out the form below to apply for this position.